- Applications and deposits will be accepted on a first-come/first-served basis. A deposit of $50 secures your spot.
- The $50 deposit is applied to the total tuition and checks should be made payable to “Classical Minds Guitar Festival” and mailed by May 15 to:
Nadene Crain, President
Classical Minds Guitar Festival Inc.
2611 Sun Cove Ln.
Pearland, TX 77584
- Note: Total Balance Due must be received by June 5, 2018.
Registration Requirements for Master Classes:
1) Spots are limited and given on a first come first serve basis.
2) Only intermediate and advanced students will be invited to perform in the master classes.
3) Solo performers or small ensembles are welcome to register (all members of the ensemble must be present at time of the class and registered for the festival with the exception of non-guitarists).
4) Fill out the Master Class Registration Form
Requirements for Scholarships:
1) Scholarships will be given on a need basis: we strive to keep our costs as low as possible to make the event open to all. However, those in need of financial assistance are encouraged to apply.
2) Please email a short paragraph explaining why you need a scholarship to classicalmindsfestival@gmail.
3) Please turn in a brief letter of recommendation from a private teacher to aide us in the decision of awarding scholarships. Letters from instructors must be emailed directly from the teacher to classicalmindsfestival@gmail.
4) If you do not have an instructor or are a complete beginner and have no experience as a classical guitarist, please email us at email@example.com to discuss how we can help you.
5) IF you are registering as a Competitor as well, you must fill out the Competition Application Form. Be sure to include all the titles, movements, and full name for each composer. Please read the rules before filling out the form.
Tuition Packages Explained:
Option 1: Middle & High School Program for HISD Schools & Beginners – $175
Includes special curriculum in group classes plus auditing all events, CM T-shirt, and all concerts.
Option 2: Middle School, High School, College & Adults – $220
- Middle School students must be taking private lessons during the school year, and a recommendation letter from a teacher is required.
- Tuition includes minimum of four lessons, all events, and CM T-shirt .
- Extra lessons may be given if time slots are available at no extra charge.
Option 3: Full Festival plus Competition – $240
- If you wish to compete, please fill out both the online Festival and Competition Applications.
- The competition is open to all ages and nationalities up to 30 years of age.
- Please read the rules on the competition application page on the website.
Option 4: Competition Only – $135
- Open Division - open to anyone up to the age of 30 and of all nationalities.
- Competitors must fill out an additional competition form, available online. Be sure to include all the titles, movements, and full name for each composer. Please read the rules before filling out the form.
- No recording is required if you will NOT perform in a master class or require a scholarship.
Master Class – $10 – Added to any of the above options.
- Open only to Intermediate and Advanced Players.
- If you wish to perform, you will have to include a YouTube or Vimeo link.
- Kithara Duo and Adam Holzman will be giving master classes
Queries: Contact Jay Kacherski, Artistic Director by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call Nadene Crain, President, at 713-305-2336 or by email email@example.com