- Applications and deposits will be accepted on a first-come/first-served basis beginning January 2018. A deposit of $50 secures your spot.
- The $50 deposit is applied to the total tuition and checks should be made payable to “Classical Minds Guitar Festival” and mailed by May 15 to:
Nadene Crain, President
Classical Minds Guitar Festival Inc.
2611 Sun Cove Ln.
Pearland, TX 77584
- Note: Total Balance Due must be received by June 5, 2018.
Guitar Audition Recording Requirements for Master Class & Scholarship:
1) Only intermediate and advanced students will be invited to perform in the master classes.
2) Please include 3-10 minutes of music on YouTube or Vimeo (solo classical or ensemble) within the form below or email the name of student (s) and the links to the YouTube/Vimeo pieces.
3) With your email:
- List titles of repertoire with composer's name AND your full name
If applying for a scholarship,please turn in a short paragraph explaining why you need a scholarship along with a short video of you performing. A letter of recommendation or email from a private teacher would be helpful in the decision of awarding scholarships. Letters from instructors must be signed, scanned, attached to email and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not have an instructor or are a complete beginner and have no experience as a classical guitarist, please email Valérie Hartzell to discuss how we can help you (email@example.com)
4) Competitors must fill out an additional Competition Application. Be sure to include all the titles, movements, and full name for each composer. Please read the rules before filling out the form.
5) No recording is required if you will NOT perform in a master class or require a scholarship
Tuition Packages Explained:
Option 1: Middle & High School Program for HISD Schools & Beginners – $135
Includes special curriculum in group classes plus auditing all events, CM T-shirt, and all concerts.
Option 2: Middle School, High School, College & Adults – $180
- Middle School students must be taking private lessons during the school year, and a recommendation letter from a teacher is required.
- Tuition includes minimum of four lessons, all events, and CM T-shirt .
- Extra lessons may be given if time slots are available at no extra charge.
Option 3: Full Festival plus Competition – $200
- If you wish to compete, please fill out both the online Festival and Competition Applications.
- The competition is open to all ages and nationalities up to 30 years of age.
- Please read the rules on the competition application page on the website.
Option 4: Competition Only – $125
- Open Division - open to anyone up to the age of 30 and of all nationalities.
- Competitors must fill out an additional Competition Application, available online. Be sure to include all the titles, movements, and full name for each composer. Please read the rules before filling out the form.
- No recording is required if you will NOT perform in a master class or require a scholarship.
Master Class – $15 – Added to any of the above options.
- Open only to Intermediate and Advanced Players.
- If you wish to perform, you will have to include a YouTube or Vimeo link.
- Kithara Duo and Adam Holzman will be giving master classes
Queries: Contact Valérie Hartzell, Artistic Director by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call Nadene Crain, President, at 713-305-2336 or by email email@example.com