We have extended the due date!
Completed application AND non-refundable $50 deposit (this will be negated from total tuition amount at registration) due no later than by May 15, 2016. Please fill in the on-line form.
$50 deposit made payable to Classical Minds Guitar Festival LLC and mailed to:
Rena Bond, Vice President
Classical Minds Guitar Festival LLC
8100 Cambridge St., #58
Houston, TX 77054
Guitar Audition Recording Requirements for Master Class, Scholarship, & Competition:
1) Only intermediate and advanced students will be invited to perform in the master classes.
2) Please include 10-minutes of music on YouTube or Vimeo (solo classical or ensemble) within the form below or email Valerie Hartzell with the name of student and the links to the YouTube/Vimeo pieces.
With your email:
- List titles of repertoire with composer's name AND your full name
- Include letter from private teacher or college professor
Please feel free to add any more information about yourself and experience within your email. Letters from instructors must be signed, scanned, attached to email and sent to Valerie Hartzell. Alternatively, instructors and professors may contact Ms. Hartzell directly with a recommendation: email@example.com
- Competitors must fill out an additional Competition Application. Be sure to include all the titles, movements, and full name for each composer. Please read the rules before filling out the form.
3) No recording is required if you will not perform in a master class or competition and are NOT applying for scholarship.
Tuition Packages Explained:
Option 1: High School, College, & Adults (plus middle school students in lessons – recommendation letter required) - $185
Includes minimum of three lessons, all events, and CM t-shirt (note: extra lessons may be given if time slots are available at no extra charge)
Option 1a: Full Festival AND Competition - $210
If you wish to compete, you will have to include a YouTube or Vimeo link, a letter of recommendation from your teacher, plus proof of enrollment (please fill out both the festival and competition applications.
Option 2: Middle School & High School Program for Beginners - $125
Includes special curriculum in group classes plus auditing all events, CM t-shirt, and concerts
Option 3: Competition Only (Open to students currently enrolled; high school, community college, university-either Bachelor or Master) - $100
Please fill out the competition form after filling out the on line application below. Included in the tuition are all the events Friday and Saturday, plus a CM t-shirt.
Master Class: Open to Intermediate and Advanced Players Only (this may be added to any of the options): - $15
Gohar Vardanyan, Valerie Hartzell, and Matt Palmer – Faculty
If you wish to perform, you will have to include a YouTube or Vimeo link & a a letter of recommendation from your teacher
NOTE: the master classes are on June 14-16. So, if you are JUST competing you will have to arrive a day earlier to be added into Gohar Vardanyan's class.
If you cannot attend the entire festival but would like to audit a workshop, master class, or any events held during the day at Episcopal High School, members of the public are welcome to audit. We have a $5 fee per event.
Questions: Contact Valerie Hartzell, Artistic Director by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call Nadene Crain, President, at 713-305-2336 or by email email@example.com
Scholarships are limited
Please Download the SCHEDULE