Applications will be accepted in 2017, please come back for an update. Thank you.
$50 deposit made payable to Classical Minds Guitar Festival LLC and mailed to:
Rena Bond, Vice President
Classical Minds Guitar Festival LLC
8100 Cambridge St., #58
Houston, TX 77054
Guitar Audition Recording Requirements for Master Class & Competition:
1) Only intermediate and advanced students will be invited to perform in the master classes.
2) Please include 3-10 minutes of music on YouTube or Vimeo (solo classical or ensemble) within the form below or email Valerie Hartzell with the name of student and the links to the YouTube/Vimeo pieces.
With your email:
- List titles of repertoire with composer's name AND your full name
Please feel free to add any more information about yourself and experience within your email. Letters from instructors must be signed, scanned, attached to email and sent to Valerie Hartzell, email@example.com
- Competitors must fill out an additional Competition Application. Be sure to include all the titles, movements, and full name for each composer. Please read the rules before filling out the form.
3) No recording is required if you will NOT perform in a master class or require a scholarship
Tuition Packages Explained:
Option 1: High School, College, & Adults (plus middle school students who are in private lessons during the school year – recommendation letter required) - $180
Includes minimum of three lessons, all events, and CM t-shirt (note: extra lessons may be given if time slots are available at no extra charge)
Option 1a: Full Festival AND Competition - $200
If you wish to compete, you will have to include a YouTube or Vimeo link, a letter of recommendation from your teacher, plus proof of enrollment (please fill out both the festival and competition applications.
Option 2: Middle School & High School Program for Beginners - $135
Includes special curriculum in group classes plus auditing all events, CM t-shirt, and concerts
Option 3: Competition Only (OPEN Division - open to anyone UP TO the age of 30) - $125
Please fill out the competition form after filling out the on-line application below. Included in the tuition are all the events Thursday through Saturday, plus a CM t-shirt.
Master Class: Open to Intermediate and Advanced Players Only (this may be added to any of the options): - $15
If you wish to perform, you will have to include a YouTube or Vimeo link
Questions: Contact Valerie Hartzell, Artistic Director by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call Nadene Crain, President, at 713-305-2336 or by email email@example.com
Scholarships will be available! Please turn in a short paragraph explaining why you need a scholarship along with a short video of you performing. A letter of recommendation or email from a private teacher would be helpful in the decision of awarding scholarships.